RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Thionyl chloride:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- GENERAL - This compound is strongly irritating or caustic to eyes, lungs, skin, and mucous membranes. It decomposes into hydrogen chloride and sulfur dioxide, both of which are irritating gases. Specific toxicologic studies are not available.
- INHALATION EXPOSURE - This compound is a strong respiratory irritant; it is moderately toxic. Acute exposures may result in pulmonary edema, inflammation, pneumonia, bronchospasm, and death.
- DERMAL EXPOSURE - Thionyl chloride is a strong dermal irritant, causing burns and dermatitis.
- EYES AND MUCOUS MEMBRANE EXPOSURE - This compound may burn exposed areas, causing conjunctivitis and rhinitis.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.