RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Thallous sulfate:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Many human poisonings and deaths have occurred from thallous sulfate in rodenticides. Symptoms are usually delayed 12 to 24 hours in acute poisoning; the gastrointestinal tract and nervous system most often show the first signs of poisoning.
- Central and peripheral neurological effects include headache, paresthesias, delirium, convulsions, dementia and psychosis. Hemolysis and renal damage occur, and alopecia appears in one to three weeks.
- Chronic poisoning symptoms may be nonspecific, and thallium intoxication may not be suspected until alopecia or kidney damage occurs. Effects of chronic poisoning appear to be similar to those of acute exposure.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.