RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Nitromethane:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Nitromethane is a skin, eye, and mucous membrane irritant. Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, dizziness, headache, CNS depression and dermatitis may occur. Experimental animals have developed focal necrosis of the liver and kidney, depressed hemoglobin and hematocrit concentrations, decreased weight gain, weakness, ataxia, and seizures.
- Thermal decomposition may release oxides of nitrogen with the potential for serious respiratory tract irritation and pulmonary edema.
- Methemoglobinemia and anuria are rare effects of exposure to both nitromethane and nitrocellulose.
© 2011-2021 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.