RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Dithiobiuret:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Cases of human poisoning with this agent have apparently not been reported. Dithiobiuret is a highly toxic material that can cause respiratory depression and respiratory failure in experimental animals.
- Studies in experimental animals have found weight loss, diuresis and dehydration, excessive lacrimation, watery diarrhea, and development of muscular weakness or flaccid paralysis from impairment of neuromuscular transmission without accompanying CNS depression.
- Dithiobiuret concentrates in the thyroid in rats, and depressed serum levels of thyroid hormones develop over a six-day exposure period.
© 2011-2021 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.