RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for 57-13-6:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- ANIMAL STUDIES - In sheep and cattle, clinical effects included pronounced muscle fasciculations, trembling, grinding teeth, dysrhythmias, ataxia, lateral recumbency, anuria, dry mouth, frothy salivation, dyspnea, bloating, abdominal pain, regurgitation, hyperesthesia, mydriasis and convulsions. The primary cause of death was respiratory arrest. Laboratory examination showed increased glucose, ammonia and urea levels.
- WITH THERAPEUTIC USE
- Adverse effects include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, disorientation, drowsiness, diuresis, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, and confusion. Urea's systemic toxicity is similar to that of mannitol.
- WITH POISONING/EXPOSURE
- Urea is considered a mild to moderate intoxicant and a mild irritant. Exposure causes erythema of eyes and skin. Urea's systemic toxicity is similar to that of mannitol. Massive occupational exposure to carbamide produced persistent respiratory insufficiency.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.