RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Sodium fluoroacetate:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Fluoroacetate is a highly toxic rodenticide that is rapidly absorbed and may cause systemic toxicity after oral, dermal, inhalation or ocular exposure. Clinical effects usually develop within 30 minutes to 3 hours of exposure, but may be delayed as long as 20 hours.
- Effects of acute exposure commonly include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea; serious poisoning may result in seizures, coma, respiratory depression, hypotension and cardiac dysrhythmias including ventricular tachycardia and fibrillation and asystole. In humans, cardiovascular toxicities and central nervous system symptoms predominate. Residual and persistent CNS effects have been reported.
- Metabolic acidosis, renal insufficiency, elevated transaminases, hypocalcemia, and hyperglycemia have also been reported.
- Shock, metabolic acidosis renal insufficiency are associated with an increased risk of fatal outcome after fluoroacetate ingestion.
- When sodium fluoroacetate is heated to decomposition it emits highly toxic fumes of sodium oxide and fluorine.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.