RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Dimethyldichlorosilane:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Chlorosilanes are very corrosive to skin and mucous membranes, and liberate hydrochloric acid in the presence of water. Oral toxicity is greater than for alkyl or alkoxy non-chlorinated derivatives in animals. Little is known about effects of chronic exposure.
- Signs and symptoms following ingestion of dimethyldichlorosilane may include increased salivation, intense thirst, dysphagia, chills, pain, and shock. Oral, esophageal and stomach burns may develop and coffee-ground emesis is common. Circulatory collapse may occur.
- Inhalation of dimethyldichlorosilane may result in sneezing, choking, laryngitis, dyspnea, and chest pain. Nasal and oral bleeding and ulceration, pulmonary edema, chronic bronchitis, and pneumonia may also occur.
- Eye exposure may result in irritation, pain, swelling, corneal erosion, and possible blindness. Dermatitis, severe burns, and shock may occur from dermal exposure.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.