RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Diglycidyl ether:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Diglycidyl ether is an irritant of eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Clouding of the cornea may follow vapor exposure. Severe dermal burns that heal slowly may occur with direct skin contact. Dermal sensitization may develop.
- Central nervous system depression and coma have been observed in exposed experimental animals. Single injections and chronic dermal or inhalation exposure have produced bone marrow depression in experimental animals. Liver and kidney damage have been seen in exposed experimental animals. Pneumonitis has been observed in experimental animals, even with oral exposure.
- Ingestions have not been reported, but gastrointestinal tract irritation might be predicted to occur based on the other irritant properties of diglycidyl ether.
- Diglycidyl ether is mutagenic in several assays, and produces dermal epitheliomas following repeated dermal application in mice.
- Because of its toxicity, diglycidyl ether generally is not used outside experimental laboratories. No systemic effects have been reported in humans.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.