RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Dactinomycin:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- WITH THERAPEUTIC USE
- The dose-limiting toxicity of dactinomycin is bone marrow suppression. Other adverse effects that may occur following therapeutic administration include nausea and vomiting, stomatitis, mucositis, hepatotoxicity, fatigue, lethargy, alopecia, and dermatitis. In general, the majority of symptoms (with the exception of nausea and vomiting) will occur 2 to 4 days after discontinuation of a course of therapy. Nausea and vomiting generally occur within a few hours following administration.
- Dactinomycin is extremely corrosive. Extravasation during intravenous administration may result in severe damage to soft tissues.
- WITH POISONING/EXPOSURE
- Dactinomycin overdose information is limited. A 10-fold overdose (0.15 mg/kg/day for 3 days instead of the prescribed 0.015 mg/kg/day) in an 18-month-old child resulted in hypotension, pancytopenia, acute renal failure, pancreatitis, and severe mucositis.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.