RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Dimethyl sulfide:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Dimethyl sulfide is a liquid with a disagreeable odor; the vapors are heavier than air. It is a fire and vapor explosion hazard. Inhalation exposure generally results in little systemic toxicity.
- Vapor inhalation causes moderate eye, nose, and throat irritation, making it unlikely that individuals will tolerate moderate to high concentrations. Headache and decreased ability to concentrate may occur.
- The liquid is a mild skin irritant and a moderate to severe eye irritant. Repeated skin exposure to the liquid results in defatting dermatitis and irritation; burns may occur. Dermal exposure generally results in little systemic toxicity.
- Ingestion may cause irritation of the mouth, throat, esophagus, and gastrointestinal tract.
- In experimental animals, absorption of large quantities can lower body temperature and inhibit certain enzymes.
- Clinically insignificant disturbances in iron metabolism (elevated serum iron and transferrin with decreased ferritin levels) have been noted with chronic exposure.
- Highly irritating sulfur dioxide may be released in a fires, and would be predicted to cause respiratory tract irritation, chemical pneumonitis, bronchospasm, or noncardiogenic pulmonary edema.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.