RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Acetoxytriphenylstannane:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Acetoxytriphenylstannane (triphenyltin acetate) is a trialkyl organotin compound. It is a colorless to white needle-like crystalline solid that is practically insoluble in water, and is used as a fungicide, algicide, and wood preservative. It can be absorbed systemically following ingestion, inhalation, and dermal contact, and is a skin irritant.
- Acetoxytriphenylstannane is available as a wettable powder and a technical product of at least 94 percent purity.
- Triphenyltin acetate has caused hepatic injury with irreversible hepatomegaly and elevated liver function tests with chronic occupational exposure. It also caused skin irritation with pruritus and erythema which developed 2 to 3 days after prolonged dermal contact with contaminated garments. Eye irritation has also occurred.
- Triphenyltin acetate may also cause blurred vision, headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness, malaise, visual disturbances, shortness of breath, epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Glycosuria and hyperglycemia have been described.
- Because the group of ORGANOTIN compounds have a number of toxic effects IN COMMON, the following discussion deals with VARIOUS ORGANOTIN COMPOUNDS.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.