RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Acetaldehyde:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- This agent is a skin and mucous membrane irritant which causes a burning sensation of the nose, throat, and eyes. Prolonged exposure to high concentrations may injure the corneal epithelium causing persistent lacrimation, photophobia, and foreign body sensation.
- Fatalities, following inhalation, are due to anesthesia when prompt and pulmonary edema when delayed. Very large exposures may cause death due to respiratory paralysis.
- Prolonged skin contact may cause dermal erythema and burns. Repeated exposures may cause dermatitis due to primary irritation or sensitization.
- Sympathomimetic effects of acetaldehyde include tachycardia, hypertension, and increased respiration. Bradycardia and hypotension occur at higher levels of acetaldehyde exposure.
© 2011-2017 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.